Thursday, January 11, 2007

Needed a break

So I havent played any online cash games in over a week. I needed to clear my head. I took a weekend trip to Turning Stone, and did alright there, although ended up losing a little after I lost a 1k pot set over set, so that kind of sucked.

Anyway, my Bankroll online is down to about 9k, so pretty much 2007 blows so far. Im considering playing lots of 100 turbo sng's for a month, maybe even a few months, to build up some confidence, since I think they are pretty beatable, and for some reason Im more able to remove myself from the results and focus on playing well. I hope to bring that kind of attitude back to cash games when I do return, focusing on equity instead of results. Im also going to study some recent CR videos that I missed during the holidays, being out of town without internet! (it was brutal).

Also, was totally psyched to see that Daut44 (Ryan Daut, Taylor Caby's student) took down the PCA WPT event for 1.5 mill, that guy is amazing. Oh and even though Taylor was helping him out with cash games, I think it shows he has an INCREDIBLE eye for talent, and even when he is finished with poker, he is going to be successful in ANY future endeavors. Anyway, this is Daut's day, so one last time, congrats to him, incredible win.

No comments: