Thursday, January 11, 2007

SNG's vs cash games

Okay, so my main problem with cash games is that my play deteriorates, and I find it difficult to play them for any longer than 2 hours or so.

So I was thinking, as I mentioned in my last entry a few short hours ago, I could play SNG's again. I havent done them really since the beginning of my poker career, but I could make them my bread and butter. If I 4 tabled 109 SNG's and could hit a ROI of 20% that would be pretty damn good cash, and since they are really not that draining, I could try to play a high volume, like 400-500 a month. I havent checked with anyone about what a good ROI is at those stakes, so maybe 20 is unattainable, and 10% is a more reasonable estimate, but I think I might give this a try.

They are just lower stress, and at least for a little while, if I can book a decent profit it would be good for me, have been having a rough time of late. Anyone know a good program to keep track of SNG or Tourney results, or will PokerTracker do that? I have no idea if it does or how.

Anyway, I obviously need to look more into what a reasonable expectation is for ROI, and how to track winnings, oh yeah, and hell it couldnt hurt to learn how to play them either, but Im kinda psyched about giving this a try for a month or two, to see how it goes.

2 comments:

Malfaire said...

sup syntec; i'm moniquer's buddy. was just reading through. if your play collapses after two hours (i've been there, i'm a former SNG player), i'd suggest taking breaks. what i found best when i noticed i had the problem was to set a timer next to my computer. every hour, i'd play til the blinds hit me and then sit out on all of my tables for 5-7 minutes. not only does it help your eyes (lol, who cares!!), it really helps to regain your focus. try it out, it worked for me.

mike said...

i think perhaps you should try to play more tables like 5 or 6, and stop playing after 2 hours when ur concentrations wanes. I play 400nl and i usually won't play longer than 2 hour sessions, mayB 3 sessions a day-and i'm doing pretty well.